Established in 2011, Lasswade Thistle is a community based football club, that is founded on friendship, fun and the development of the children in our community. The club is open to everybody and continues to grow as a result of hard work put in by a large group of dedicated volunteers and a wider network of families from across Midlothian. Our vision and objectives include
:• To encourage, grow and develop the children of our community through physical activity and create a sense of belonging.
• To provide the opportunity for children to play football at all levels from the highest competitive levels nationally, as well as providing recreational football for children to play with their friends.
• Through our extensive and highly qualified volunteer coaches, provide focused training and development opportunities for all children and create player pathways for all.
• To work with the SYFA, our local schools and community groups to develop and support opportunities for ongoing participation in football and physical activity.
• To encourage new groups of volunteers and children to join the club, with the aim to develop new teams and age groups as the club grows.
• With the crucial support of Midlothian Council, work in collaboration to develop and deliver all aspects of their, Physical Activity Sport and Health Strategy.